Paul Cavel is the founder and principal of The Tai Chi Space, a London-based school established to teach Water method arts. Since 1987 Paul has studied the I Ching, Five Element theory, qi gong, tai chi, bagua, yoga, breathing techniques, qi gong tui na energy healing and meditation.
Paul has been a full-time health, healing and meditation arts teacher for over 20 years–offering talks, seminars and retreats in London, Germany and Spain–and he’s a certified soft tissue and injury therapist.
Professional organisations & noteworthy accreditations:
- ITEC certified soft tissue and injury therapist (Level 4)
- The prestigious Sports Massage Association
- Senior Instructor of Taoist Master Bruce Frantzis (since 2004)
- Tai Chi Union of Great Britain, Senior Instructor Level
- Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council
- Certification in HSE-approved first aid administration
- London City and Guilds Certified Mechanical Engineer
Energy Arts teaching certifications:
- Water Method Meditation—Presence Practices and Dissolving instructor
- Longevity Breathing instructor and re-certifier
- Bagua Zhang Level 2 instructor and re-certifier
- Wu Style Tai Chi Short Form Level 2 instructor and re-certifier
- Wu Style Tai Chi Long Form instructor
- Gods Playing in the Clouds Qi Gong Level 2 instructor and re-certifier
- Opening the Energy Gates of Your Body Qi Gong Level 2 instructor and re-certifier
- Marriage of Heaven and Earth Qi Gong Level 2 instructor and re-certifier
- Dragon and Tiger Medical Qi Gong Level 3 instructor and re-certifier
- Tai Chi Circling Hands Level 2 instructor and re-certifier
Paul has trained 175 hours in qi gong tui na and energy healing techniques and the Taoist monastic “Single Palm Change” bagua tradition, as well as learning all Eight Mother Palms of the bagua zhang tradition, with Master Frantzis in private and public tuition since 1987.